Install Office 365 ProPlus on a Windows 7 Machine (Post-July/14/2020)
1. Download the OLDer version of ODT: https://download.microsoft.com/download/2/7/A/27AF1BE6-DD20-4CB4-B154-EBAB8A7D4A7E/officedeploymenttool_12624-20320.exe
2. Run the downloaded installer file and when prompted where to install, save it to a New Folder at the root named “ODT” – path should be C:\ODT
3. Open Notepad and create a new text file – copy the text below (change the 64 to 32 if the machine is 32-bit):
<Language ID=”en-us” />
<Display Level=”Full” AcceptEULA=”TRUE” />
<Logging Level=”Standard” Path=”%temp%” />
4. Save it with filename configuration.xml also in C:\ODT (make sure your remove the “.txt” extension so that it’s an XML file)
5. Open a Command Prompt, BUT do so by right-clicking and select Run As Administrator
6. Change directories – type in CD C:\ODT
7. Type in setup.exe /download configuration.xml
8. Wait for it to download (when you get the next prompt)
9. Technically we now have the offline installation files, so we can copy the whole “ODT” folder to a server and pull it to a client whenever you need it (or you can edit the XML file to always install from that server path. But we’re going to continue locally.
10. On the same command prompt type setup.exe /configure configuration.xml
11. The installer should begin now and work normally from here.